We believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ as revealed in Scripture is
the only way that God redeems and saves humankind from sin and, through
His grace, gives eternal life. (Romans 3:19-24).
We believe that music is a good gift from God and so want to use music
for his glory and to serve his sovereign purpose of bringing people to
himself through the clear proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We hold that music, as a gift of God, and in the hands of fallen human
beings, cannot in itself contribute to the salvation of human souls. Therefore,
our aim is always to articulate the Gospel clearly, through the presentation
of a personal testimony of faith.
Our beliefs can be summarised below in the doctrinal basis of the Universities
and Colleges Christian Fellowship (UCCF).
and is printed below:
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of
God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that
everyone is subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God's incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born
of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was
raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of
sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their
representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between
them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted
in God's sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to
them; this justification is God's act of undeserved mercy, received solely
by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual
sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them
increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power
for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute
God's just condemnation on those who have not repented
With thanks to Yvonne Harbage, Richard Simpkin and St Helen's Church,